Hey, stranger. Are you winking at me?
I feel like such a trendsetter. I paid homage to The Asshole very early during the existence of this blog. What is The Asshole? The answer is complicated. It is part dream, part philosophy, and part psychology. It’s an idea as big as The Beatles, the Dali Lama and Mother Teresa wrapped into one big ball of fun. It’s best friend, enemy, lover, and confidant. And yes, it is also a namesake for a critical piece of human anatomy, that which makes life possible.
I did some research prior to writing this post. That research was a bitch. They don’t always make it easy. Sometimes it is hard to answer questions like:
- What day was my first posting?
- When was the first time I used the word “asshole?”
- When was the first time I used the phrase “Society of Assholes?”
- How many posts contain the word “asshole?”
- How many times has the word “asshole” been used in a subject line?
Search has come a long way, but sometimes getting answers to seemingly simple questions like these can be a real bitch.
But I digress. Finally I did figure out a way to answer some of these.
Continue reading →