Hyppo and Critter: Resolutions
In my previous post about resolutions, Brea had wondered if Hyppo and Critter had made any New Year’s resolutions. I happened to overhear this conversation and it think it sheds some light on that.
I had also written that I couldn’t even remember New Year’s resolutions I made just a year ago. I think that means it is probably safe to say I didn’t do much about keeping them. So I’m going to document mine in this post so I can come back in a year and see how I did.
- Be more honest
- Go out to restaurants less
- Be a better listener
- Go ovo-lacto vegetarian for the entire year
- Find some way to finally give Jane her birthday present
- Drink less alcohol
- Publish a podcast on my blog
- Eat less processed foods
- Be more moral and ethical
- Drink more water (using my Klean Kanteen to avoid bottle waste) and continue to abstain from things I’ve already given up like sugar, soda, coffee, and World of Warcraft
- Commence work on my book and produce at least one publishable sentence
- Keep my refrigerator as minimal as possible in the pursuit of 100% food efficiency
- Successfully complete the 2011 Shutterboo weekly photo challenge
- Blog every single day for the 2nd year in a row on the Abyss and blog every single week on my new blog
I’m going to try to conduct monthly self-assessments on my progress on the first day of each new month. The change to a new month seems like a good sort of reminder to help keep me on track.