Something odd has happened. Two nights ago this humble little blog hit the 1,000 comments mark. I think it is somewhat fitting that Jane at the They Call Me Jane blog made the 1k comment since I first heard about this milestone from her. She recently did a blog post about her 1,000th comment, too. Of course, she reached that milestone in less than 100 posts. It took me about 213! If we do the math on that (and I do love math) it should be obvious that her rate of comments per post is about twice as much as mine. I guess that means I’m half the man she is, or something like that. 🙂
1,000 comments is something of a misnomer, though, since WordPress includes my comments in that total, too. Oh bother.
I started this blog for reasons unknown back in September 2009. I have to say the very best part has been getting to know some fellow WordPress bloggers. Reading the news is nice, but it gets monotonous and has an element of “sameness” to it. Hitting the “Blog Surfer” function and finding out what regular people have to say is far more exciting. It’s something I look forward to every single day.
So I’d like to give some quick shouts to some people who were notable in helping me reach this little 1k milestone and are also some of my favorite real blogs to visit (presented in no particular order):
- Catherine Sherman @ the Catherine Sherman blog: Photographer, journalist, and Indiana Jones-style adventurer
- unabridgedgirl @ the The Unabridged Girl blog
- Kate @ the Punch It In blog
- omawarisan @ the Blurt blog
- Teri Smieja @ the Teri’s Blip in the Universe blog
- Pamela Villars @ the Musings from the Newly Hatched blog
- ashleythinks @ the Ashley Thinks blog
- Counter Culture Clown @ the Funny In Shadows blog
- Cassandra Behrns @ the Cassandra Files blog
- Steven Harris @ the Planet Harris blog
- smasherjane @ the smasherjane blog: and last but not least the first person to ever blogroll me
If I left anyone off the list, I’m sorry. Don’t worry, I love you, too. 🙂